Pages

The city-based Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University (Mafsu)

The city-based Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University (Mafsu) 


Even before taking over as Mafsu VC, Prasad had applied for the director's post at the National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology (NIANP) at Bangalore. Comparatively, the VC's post was more prestigious.

"Though the VC's post is more important, money and post at this stage does not matter much to me. I want to be with my family. My daughter got married last year and my wife is living with my younger daughter. Neither my family nor I am comfortable in this situation. I also had health problems due to working late hours," said Prasad before leaving for Bangalore on Saturday evening.

Prasad claims that he has already bailed out the university from most of its problems and set it on the right track by bringing enough funding from various fronts. The ICAR too has warmed up to the Mafsu faculty for better academic and research work.

The decision to leave was not an easy one. "Except for some ongoing inquiries I have left no administrative jobs half done. I solved the issue of probation, started new courses, new programmes and held the convocation without any trouble. The research council meeting was held and a farmers' hostel started in my tenure," said Prasad.

No comments: